by jerome meriweather
Outward to Capt's Source or F/O's Source
To View a Control's Description, MouseOver it and ...
Inward to Capt's PFD or F/O's PFD
Down to Capt's Side or F/O's Side
Click to "Show" - MouseDown to "Drag" - DoubleClick to "Hide"
777 Photo and/or Graphic Element
A Clock is located on each side of the Forward Instrument Panel. Each Clock displays Airplane Information Management System (AIMS)
generated UTC time and date, or manually set time and date. The AIMS UTC time comes from the Global Positioning System (GPS). In addition
to time, the clocks also provide alternating day and month-year, elapsed time and chronograph functions.
When pushed, the day/month and time/date are alternately displayed. A subsequent push displays time only on the time/date selector.
- MAN - Clock is manually set to a time and date.
- UTC - Clock is automatically set to the UTC date and time.
Clock Set Selector
Sets the time and date when the time/date selector is set to manual.
- HD - Advances hours when time is selected on the time/date selector or days when date is selected on the time/date selector.
- MM - Advances minutes when time is selected on the time/date selector or months when date is selected on the time/date selector.
- HLDY - Stops time indicator and sets seconds to zero when time is selected on the time/date selector. Advances years when date
is selected on the time/date selector.
- RUN - Starts the time indicator.>
Elapsed Time Selector
Controls the elapsed time function.
- RESET - Returns ET display to zero (spring loaded to HLD).
- HLD - Stops elapsed time display.
- RUN - Starts elapsed time display.
Selects the Chronograph function.
Date and Time Window
Displays hours and minutes when time is selected on the time/date selector. Alternately displays day, month and year when date is selected on
the time/date selector.
Elapsed Time & Chronograph Window
Displays elapsed time or Chronograph minutes. The Chronograph display replaces the elapsed time display. Elapsed time continues to run in the
background and will be displayed after the chronograph is reset.